Get College Funded!
Workforce, Economic, and Community Development (WECD) division at Patrick & Henry Community College (P&HCC) offers funding assistance to career credit students. Financial aid, grants, and scholarships are available to students enrolling in workforce training programs and may pay up to 100% of tuition. We are also proud of the partnerships we share with area community service agencies to offer funding assistance and supportive services to our students.
How do I apply?
- Apply to P&HCC as a career credit student (choose ONE of the following options):
- Process a Workforce Grant and Scholarship Application (choose ONE of the following options):
- Attach the following required documentation:
- Age Verification (one of the following): state-issued driver's license or identification, birth certificate, or passport.
- Proof of Virginia Residency (one of the following): utility bill, rent receipt, voter card, housing contract, or bank statement.
- Proof of Financial Need (one of the following):
- Eligibility card and letter from Virginia Department of Social Services that the student, or the dependent student's parent, is currently eligible for SNAP and/or TANF; OR
- Most recent copy of student's, or dependent student's parent's, Tax Transcript from IRS (obtained from https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276.656.0260 to schedule an appointment for submission of documents and meet with the FastForward Career Coach.
For general questions, email email@example.com or call 276.656.0260.
FastForward Workforce Credential Grant (WCG) provides an opportunity for any Virginian to prepare for high-demand careers and earn an industry-recognized credential. WCG pays 2/3 of the cost of tuition for students enrolling in a high-demand workforce training program leading to an industry credential or licensure at one of Virginia’s Community Colleges (eligible programs listed below): you pay 1/3 of tuition upon enrollment; the Commonwealth of Virginia pays 1/3 upon successful completion of the class; and the final 1/3 is paid by the Commonwealth of Virginia when you earn the credential.
Get Skilled, Get a Job, Get Ahead (G3) initiative provides an opportunity for any Virginian to prepare for high-demand careers and earn an industry-recognized credential. G3 is a last-dollar grant for eligible students after all other qualified federal and state financial aid are applied.
VA Ready Initiative: provides registered VA Ready Scholars a $1,000 Credential Achievement Award upon obtaining the final credential in selected training programs in the following sectors: computer and cyber, healthcare and manufacturing/skilled trades (see list of eligible programs below). You must apply prior to or within five (5) calendar days of the class start date.
Apply to become a Virginia Ready Scholar!
Training, Assessment, Retention and Employment (TARE) Grant provides financial assistance for students who are already receiving Virginia’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or the Virginia Initiative for Employment Not Welfare (VIEW). Students who are already receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) may be eligible for the SNAP Employment and Training Grant.
Road to Success in Virginia (RSVP) Grant initiative is committed to serving the TANF population and families with incomes below 200% of the federal poverty level. This grant opportunity prepares eligible students for employment leading to self-sufficiency and independence from temporary benefits. The program serves as an entry point into construction and healthcare career pathways. RSVP students may be eligible for tuition assistance, supportive services, and paid work experiences while completing a short-term FastForward training program.
Rural Virginia Horseshoe Initiative (RVHI) Grant provides tuition assistance for those who have earned a GED.
FastForward is short-term training that leads to a nationally recognized industry credential, based on the needs of local employers. Most programs take between 6 and 12 weeks to complete.
FastForward WCG Training Programs:
- AC Electricity
- Carpentry, Levels 1 – 4
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Certified Production Technician (CPT)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Tractor Trailer Training
- Core-Introductory Craft Skills
- Festo Industry 4.0 Certification Program Level 1: Industry 4.0 Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Systems
- Fundamentals of PLCs
- Fundamentals of Robotics
- Heavy Equipment Operator Level 1
- HVAC, Levels 1 - 4
- Machining Level 1: Milling ! (Manual Mill)
- Machining Level 1: Job Planning, Benchwork, & Layout
- Machining Level 1: Measurement, Materials, & Safety
- Machining Level 1: Turning 1 (Chucking Skills)
- Plumbing, Levels 1 - 4
- Pneumatics Level 1
- Registered Medication Aid (RMA)
- Siemens Mechatronics Systems Certification Program Level 1
- Work Zone Flagger
Workforce Training Program:
- Veterinary Assistant