Get your CDL license in as little as four weeks and get started on one of the most in-demand careers in the country.
This program is offered in partnership with Ancora Education
, who will be your training provider.
The CDL: Class A (E Restriction - Automatic Shift) Truck Driver Training
curriculum teaches students how to inspect and operate tractor trailers and to assume driver responsibilities on the road and at pickup/delivery points. This program prepares students to sit for the Virginia CDL examination.
Emphasis is placed on the following:
- vehicle inspections
- defensive driving
- range maneuvers
- motor carrier safety regulations
- trip planning
- cargo handling
- size/weight laws
- general maintenance procedures
- hours of service
- accident prevention
$4,500 Full Price; $1,500 FastForward WCG Price
Supplies and Fees:
Tuition includes cost of DOT physical and drug screen, as well as a $50 credential attainment incentive. Class A commercial learner's permit is the responsibility of the student.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the CDL Class A License exam.
Students must have a valid Virginia Driver's License, obtain a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate by passing a DOT Physical, apply for and pass a Class A Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) at your local DMV office, and obtain a DOT drug screen with negative results prior to the start of the program. Students must also obtain a copy of your driving record from DMV for the last 5 years (available online by logging in or creating an account at https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/)
REGISTRATION STEPS (you must complete each of the following steps to be fully registered in a class):
1. Click here
to register with Ancora Education (training provider) to complete your curriculum requirements.
- Your application is not complete until you create an account and log in to complete and submit your documentation.
- Payment vouchers provided for DOT physical and drug screen.
- Download CDL Mobile Prep App to better prepare for the CLP: CDL Prep or CDL Test
2. Click here
to create a P&HCC career credit student profile (social security number required for tuition assistance eligibility).
3. Click here
to complete a Workforce Programs Tuition Assistance Application (Workforce, Economic & Development office of P&HCC offers funding assistance that may pay up to 100% of tuition).
4. The following required documentation must be provided to determine tuition assistance eligibility (documents may be delivered to our offices, located in the Frith building, rooms 104 or 111, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or faxed to 276.632.1967):
- Age Verification (one of the following): State-issued driver's license or identification, birth certificate, or passport.
- Proof of Virginia Residency (one of the following – must show preprinted current address): VA driver’s license, voter card, utility bill, phone bill, rent receipt, housing contract, or bank statement.
- Proof of Financial Need (one of the following):
- Active SNAP or TANF card AND eligibility letter from Virginia Department of Social Services
- Most recent Disability Determination letter
- Most recent copy of student's, or dependent student's parent's, Tax Transcript from IRS (obtained from https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript)
- Only if taxes not filed, satisfactory proof of prior year income may be provided, such as W2 form, year-end pay stub, or bank deposit statements.
5. Registration is not complete until you receive your course confirmation via email from P&HCC.
6. Contact Information