Motorcycle training programs are suspended just until the new motorcycles arrive! Thank you for your patience. We look forward to serving your training needs. You may enroll in this class to receive updates and be notified as soon as classes are available.
Motorcycle Basic Rider Course Description
Learn to ride a motorcycle and be prepared for state licensing. The Basic Rider Course provides classroom and actual motorcycle operator training in controlled range conditions. Riders learn basic operation skills: effective braking, cornering, obstacle avoidance, and safe street-riding strategies.
Student Handbook and VA DMV Motorcycle Operator Manual are provided. Students will receive a Virginia Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
*Rider Coaches are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Learn riding techniques, such as
- Straight-line riding, turning, stopping, lane changing, and passing.
- Cornering, effective braking, and obstacle avoidance.
- Safe street-riding strategies.
Protective Gear Requirements:
- Student must present a valid Virginia driver's license or motorcycle learner's permit.
- Students under age 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the classroom session on Friday evening.
- Student must be able to balance and ride a bicycle.
- Training motorcycles are provided (no larger than 500cc); no personal motorcycles will be allowed.
*Click here for more information regarding DMV licensing requirements.
- Full coverage or three-quarter DOT-approved motorcycle helmet required. No half or shorty helmets permitted. We provide 3/4 face helmets or you may use your own.
- Eye protection required: sunglasses or prescription glasses will suffice.
- Long denim pants or material of equivalent or better durability.
- Long-sleeved shirt of jacket.
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear.
- Full-fingered gloves, made of leather or material with resistance to abrasion.
- Rain gear (optional).