Register today to be added to the waiting list and receive updates for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) Program.
This short-term training program prepares students for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Billing and Coding Specialist Exam. CBCSs keep the healthcare industry moving efficiently, making them critical and in-demand members of healthcare teams.
As a CBCS, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Gather/review essential patient information
- Verify required documentation before patient information is released
- Prevent fraud/abuse by auditing billing
- Support coding and billing process
- Assign codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Submit claims for reimbursement
- Coach healthcare providers to achieve optimal reimbursement
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Terminology for Coders
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Word Preparation
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Excel Preparation
- CPR Training / Certification
- Job Readiness
Click on Certificate Programs
to view upcoming schedules and course descriptions.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the National HealthCareer Association Certified Billing and Coding Specialist exam, as well as the MOS certification exams in Word and Excel. Students will receive American Heart Association's Basic Life Support certification upon successful completion of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training.
FastForward Workforce Credential Grant (WCG) pays 2/3 of the cost of tuition: You pay 1/3 of tuition upon enrollment; the Commonwealth of Virginia pays 1/3 upon successful completion of the class; the final 1/3 is paid by the Commonwealth of Virginia when you earn the credential.
In addition to receiving grant funding, you may qualify for other funding assistance
programs to receive additional tuition assistance.
Supplies and Fees:
Tuition includes cost of textbooks, MOS certification exam fees, NHA online prep package, NHA exam registration fee, as well as a $50 credential attainment incentive.
Tuition does not include the cost of program-required CPR certification training.
Billing & Coding Specialists have an expansive range of opportunities for employment. Skills learned through the NHA CBCS certification are essential to hospitals, physician offices, surgery centers, nursing homes, dental offices, home healthcare agencies, mental health facilities and even insurance companies and consulting firms.