Register today! Enrollment is limited!
This course provides classroom and actual motorcycle operator training under controlled range conditions. Riders will learn basic skills of motorcycle operation and controls. Student Handbook and VA DMV Motorcycle Operator Manual are provided. Students will receive a Virginia Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
*Rider Coaches are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Learn riding techniques, such as
- Straight-line riding, turning, stopping, lane changing, and passing.
- Cornering, effective braking, and obstacle avoidance.
- Safe street-riding strategies.
Protective Gear Requirements:
- Student must present a valid Virginia driver's license or motorcycle learner's permit.
- Students under age 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the classroom session on Friday evening.
- Student must be able to balance and ride a bicycle.
*Click here for more information regarding DMV licensing requirements.
- Full coverage or three-quarter DOT-approved motorcycle helmet required. No half or shorty helmets permitted. We provide 3/4 face helmets or you may use your own.
- Eye protection required: sunglasses or prescription glasses will suffice.
- Long denim pants or material of equivalent or better durability.
- Long-sleeved shirt of jacket.
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear.
- Full-fingered gloves, made of leather or material with resistance to abrasion.
- Rain gear (optional).